Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Texcatlipoca

Deep cocoa laced with patchouli, leather armor, ritual incense, and a touch of Xochiquetzal's flowers.

I love this one so much- it's going to be my first bottle purchase. At first, I wasn't even sure I liked it. I was pretty new to BPAL and the scent was difficult for my nose to decipher. After a few times wearing it, though, it really grew on me.

Wet, you can smell the cocoa. Even after it's dry, I get a bit of a cocoa scent, but it's not the least bit sweet or foody, which is great for me. The leather and patchouli blend in well, and don't dominate. The incense is in the background. The flowers are a bit stronger while it's wet, but fade back during dry down. I'm not a huge fan of most florals, but these don't bother me.

Somehow, this combination is just perfect and fierce.

5/5

No comments: