Thursday, August 9, 2007

Perversion

Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

Wet, it smells really sweet and mostly like rum. As it dries, the rum lightens up and the tonka comes out more. Unfortunately, I can see what people mean about a stale smell. Once it's dried, it just smells a little off.

When I went back to look at the notes, I was surprised to see leather listed. I can't smell it at all. I'm not sure what seems stale on me. Maybe the chardonnay, or maybe the tobacco. It's still fairly pleasant. It ends up being a soft scent, and I do love the tonka. It has about average staying power. I'll give this one another try before I decide whether to keep the imp, but it's not going to be one of my favorites.

2.5/5

No comments: